Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Chemo Round 2

Ava started her second round of chemo on Friday. It's such a difference being admitted as a healthy patient than a sick patient. She hasn't been sick like she was at the beginning last time. I suspect her nausea last time was from the anesthesia she was given when having her Broviac Line put in.

We did have a slight hiccup when Ava broke her Broviac Line on Saturday. Fortunately she broke it and didn't pull it out! She has pretty much been herself, which is how she broke her line, she was too fast for the volunteer and the line just snapped.

I have to say that I am continually impressed by Ava's positive attitude. Believe me, she can have a bad attitude, even at 18 months of age. :) Listening to the nurses, it's funny to hear how they like working with kids over adults, because kids are easier. Kids just adjust to their current circumstances, they don't really complain, they just deal with it. Ava is a really great example of this. I figured Ava would flip out when she saw the hospital room after being home for 10 days but she didn't. She was happy to see the nurses and all of her belongings that have been boxed up since we left the hospital on Easter.

Ava is slowly losing her appetite which worries me because I know a feeding tube is in our near future. Hopefully she will have enough calories to squeak by and once chemo is over on Friday, her appetite will come back. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

Here is a pic of Addison checking Ava's heart. I sure do have 2 amazing girls!

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Your girls ARE amazing, and so are you. Have fun at your race tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The race was a blast! Pics soon to come. =)

    ReplyDelete